I bet you will fall in love with this vegan cashew cheese, and will not want to go back to dairy cheese ever! It is my personal favorite that can also be used as a sauce or dip.
INGREDIENTS: Chicken Fillings
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 teaspoon garlic paste/powder
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Nutritional yeast* (optional)
*Nutritional Yeast is NOT the same as baking yeast/dry yeast/instant yeast
- Soak 1 cup of cashew nuts in 1.5 cups of water for 6-8 hours or soak in boiling hot water for 1 hour.
- Drain water & grind the soaked cashew nuts with 1/4 cup of water into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste to an air-tight container. Allow it to rest/ferment for 10-11 hours in a warm place. You may add Nutritional Yeast* (optional).
- After fermentation, notice that the paste looks creamier & has risen in size (even without Nutritional Yeast).
- Add salt to taste, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic paste/powder, a pinch of pepper, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Mix well.
- Enjoy the cashew cheese! Refrigerate in an air-tight container, stays fresh for about 7 days.