Guess what? I’m writing a book! The first draft is almost finished but I’m still searching for the perfect title…
Here’s where you come into play – can you help me come up with the perfect title for my book?
Calling all book title suggestions!
If you have a suggestion, I want to hear it. In fact, my favorite title suggestion will receive a free HBOT session at Trinergy (and, of course, also bragging rights and the possibility of having your title displayed on the cover of the book).
My new book is all about Integrative Psychiatry and the unique approach I take in my practice. I’m writing it for both mental health professionals and the general public.
My hope is that this book will spread information about the true nature of mental illness (i.e: a physiological breakdown within the mind-body-spirit system) which needs to be addressed holistically. And I hope it will inspire the countless people struggling with mental illness to feel empowered and hopeful for their recovery.
The basic outline of the book is as follows:
- Current mainstream Psychiatry is heavily reliant on Psychiatric medications.
- Which is based on the unproven chemical imbalance theory.
- It is also narrowly focused on the brain forgetting that the brain is just one organ in the body and is interconnected with the rest of the body.
- A new paradigm is needed as current practice is not helping the majority and has the potential for long term harm (side effects and also underlying disease process continues unaddressed).
- The new paradigm is of functional medicine and Ayurveda.
- Diseases are downstream effects of breakdown in the metabolism and physiological functioning in a given person.
- Metabolic breakdown is because of a handful of root causes: stress (especially early life trauma), poor diet, chronic allergies, microbial imbalance (including infections) and toxicity.
- These 5 root causes manifest in the following organ systems mainly: gut brain axis, immune system, hormonal system, nutritional system and methylation genes.
- In the integrative and functional medicine way, we address these root causes and the metabolic breakdown which invariably results in dissolution of symptoms (not just in the brain/mind, but in the whole body), and improved wellbeing.
- Patient stories to elucidate these principles and the common path taken by most patients.
- Book goes into depth about the various root causes and the typical interventions, the philosophy of Ayurvedic medicine and the common herbals we use.
- Finally, recipes to support the diet recommended by Trinergy Health.
If you have a suggestion for the title, here’s what you should do:
- Email your idea/s to firstname.lastname@example.org AND
- Like our Facebook pages: Trinergy Ayurveda and Trinergy Health.
My favorite title suggestion will receive a free HBOT session at Trinergy!
I am so grateful for this community, your support and ideas. This book would not have come to fruition without all of you! I can’t wait to hear from you.
Wishing you the best in health and life,
-Dr. Aruna Tummala