During these troubling times, we remain committed to your safety and wellness. For this reason, when faced with Covid-19 crisis, we made the decision to initially close our Ayurveda therapy services (except for tele health Ayurveda consultations). This is despite the fact that massage therapy was considered as an essential service under Governor Evers social distancing rule book.
Now that many weeks have passed and especially as we have more information about the disease and the virus, we are electing to reopen all of our Ayurveda therapy services, but with special emphasis on those services that greatly benefit our clients in the current crisis.
A big contributor to poor outcomes with Covid-19 has been the underlying metabolic health of the patient. Hence we encourage you all to consider Ayurveda and Ayurvedic therapies (eg: Abhyanga massage, Steam sauna therapy, Panchakarma therapies, udwarthanam (weight loss therapy), Kansa wand massage, Nasya therapy, and other therapeutic services under direction of Vaidya Pandey) to help you to enhance your metabolic health and immunity.
Here is our rationale to reopen fully:
- Ayurvedic therapy services can be an effective tool in enhancing a person’s immunity, reducing their chronic inflammation, and hence will help in each individual’s ability to fight the illness. Massage in general is therapeutic for these and many other reasons. Ayurvedic massage is even more special as it utilizes technique of Marma point stimulation for creating energetic balance, it utilizes therapeutic oils that are tailored to each individual’s energy imbalance, and more. We know that this massage will benefit you in more ways than one!
- Ayurvedic consultations also provide valuable guidance for people to reduce their metabolic disease burden, which is the main underlying factor driving the lethality of Covid-19 virus.
- Healthcare services (including massage therapy) are considered an essential service and are required to remain open. And people are allowed to make appointments with healthcare professionals even if “Shelter at Home” rules are in effect.
How are we proceeding?
We are using the same diligence (as we did in providing a toxin free environment) in providing a clean, safe environment for our clients. Here are the steps we have taken. These steps are guided by recommendations put out by CDC, DHS – WI, WEDC, etc.
Steps to enhance sterility of the facility and materials used:
- Installation of UV light in the HVAC vent system. UV light will sterilize the air flowing in the building in a continuous fashion. UV light has been shown to neutralize all genetic material present in the ambient air flowing through the vent system. So only purified, sterile air is thrown back into the atmosphere.
- Following CDC’s guidelines with regard to cleaning of facilities and surfaces. We are exceeding the recommended standards while always being environmentally conscious. We are using 75% isopropyl alcohol as the disinfecting agent.
- We are cleaning our clinic multiple times per day – especially the high traffic areas as recognized by CDC.
- Limiting number of clients at any time. We request you to wait in your car prior to your appointment. When it is time for your appointment, our therapist will call you and let you in.
- We are following CDC guidelines with regard to social distancing practices whenever possible (this does not apply to massage therapy situations.)
- 15 min time between clients: to minimize cross traffic between clients and also to give enough time to our staff for the enhanced cleaning procedures.
- Sanitize all Laundry – nothing new. As always, we are using eco-friendly, bio-degradable laundry detergents.
- Frequent hand washing by all staff. We always washed hands between clients but now we are doing so even more often. Gloves are not conducive for our business and can be a source of contamination themselves. Hence we are focusing on frequent hand washing.
- Minimizing and removing any non-essentials: Magazines, couch cushions, teacups, etc.
- Tele health services where applicable. Both Dr, Tummala and Vaidya Pandey are providing tele health services currently. We have transitioned most follow-up appointments to video conferencing. We are using a user-friendly HIPAA complaint platform through our electronic health record system – Charm Health. (Providing tele-health services is not a new practice for us. While many traditional psychiatric and healthcare providers are scrambling to learn how to offer digital services, Trinergy Health has been utilizing mental telehealth practices since inception).
- We installed a Purell hand sanitizer in the lobby for your use. Please feel free to use it.
- Minimizing payment transactions. We request that you pay by phone prior to your appointment.
- Sterilized pens for your use will be available. There is a container for used pens. Once you have used a pen, please drop it in this container.
- Our staff is wearing a disposable mask at all times.
What we request of you:
- If you are ill or were exposed to someone that was ill, please let us know so we can reschedule your appointments.
- As per CDC guidelines, we request that you wear a mask when appropriate. However, due to the nature of our service (massage therapy) there will be situations where this is not possible. If you need a mask, we are happy to provide one for you!
If you’re struggling but feel like you have to wait for life to get back to normal before addressing your mental healthcare needs, know that you don’t have to continue suffering.
We can help today. Call us at (262) 955-6600 or (262) 955-6601.