What’s cooking in my kitchen??? 😋🥑
What do you do with avocados when you are tired of eating guacamole?
How about pasta sauce? Yummy! It’s a sure sign of success when your kids ask for seconds!
For Avocado Crema:
- 2 Avocados
- Cilantro chopped 1 cup
- Green chili: 1 deseeded (more if you prefer a bit more heat)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup homemade curd (yogurt). I use clover meadow pasteurized but non homogenized A2 milk (free of beta casein which is more inflammatory). For dairy free version, you can use coconut yogurt.
- Salt to taste
Method: Blend all these together. This crema can be used as salad dressing, sauce for stir fry of various veggies and meats, or as sauce for burger patties or hot dogs.
For pasta sauce:
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Spring onions- white part- chopped – 1 cup
- Cherry tomatoes- halved – 1 cup
- Spinach – 1 cup packed
- 1 green bell pepper – cut into ling thin slices
- Organic marinated mushroom (from costco)- 1 cup mushrooms and 1/2 to 1 cup marinade liquid to thin the sauce
- Avocado crema from above
- Costco’s organic black pepper chicken hot dog – 2 of them sliced.
- Goat cheese – as needed to balance the acidity of the sauce and for creaminess.
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method: heat olive oil on medium flame. Then add chopped spring onions and tomatoes. Saute well. Next add sliced chicken hot dogs and cook thoroughly. Next add bell peppers. I like them crunchy. So I cook them lightly. Next add spinach and saute. Then add the mushrooms, reserve the marinade liquid for later. Now add goat cheese and fold it in well. Now add the marinade liquid and bring it all together. Finally add the avocado crema and mix it well. At this stage, you can turn the heat off as avacados do not need to be cooked much. Add more of the marinade liquid to get desired consistency. Finally garnish with fresh basil, salt and pepper.
The key to this dish is to use gentle low flame and not to over cook it.
Serve over your favorite organic pasta. You can also pair this with cooked quinoa or white rice.
Try it and tell us how it was.